Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Ode to Contemplative

She prances gorgeous as the sun
Merrily, Completely her work, it is done
Her voice that of heaven,
Her lips that of gold
What i would do, do just to hold
You in my arms, my love, and  my friend
That we would no longer be two halves again

That by my side, you take your place
Walking to destiny face to face
Your love, something greater
No mortal could give
O, could there be better than by you to lay
To cherish, to have, to hold, and to stay

I do not deserve this dream in request
You being mine wholly--a jest
Your perfectly you
Far more perfect to me
How could you ever fall for this boy you see
But nor could I pass this hope--though lame
Rejection from you--expected--no shame

So say it you fool
Say those three words
I and Love and You
And maybe just maybe in the tumult of life
Yourself not alone you may possibly find
And she will be perfect a treasure most dear
For putting up with your jabbering and tear
Hold her for ransom
Hold her in close
Squeeze her in tight
Don't ever let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment