Thursday, May 5, 2011

Aware

As I lay here and think of how poor and unfair
Distracted of course with the gold in your hair
I feel like ripping this heart from my chest
Knowing you deserve much more than my best
You’re a treasure of sorts worth far more than gold
An ounce of your beauty a price couldn’t be bold
Today; however, fairly but anew
Your face didn’t have that same sparkling hue
And in the brief moment I longed to infinitum est
You ended so curtly not cheery, a test?
I realize quite surely you have grown with me to the cold
And thus with my chance over I no longer behold

With you I figure I’d be good to the last
But I know too much of me for this to be true
And thus I have no right to aghast
You treated me better than any before, if only to cast
 That back, somehow I could show love to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment