Saturday, July 16, 2011

Hate's Frustrating Futility

I think perhaps the worst thing about hate and revenge is that it is temporal. Hate, I believe is the most satisfying thing effecting from any encounter. Love is eternal, and being depraved its path will inevitably end in one of two things: heartbreak or complacency. Both evils torture the soul. Neither do I grant as a fair price for the love this world shows to me. But as I try to bottle it up I quickly get distracted. I hate my lack of... And then I lose focus again. Forgiveness is equally frustrating. I hate looking at someone I long so bad to hate only to realize God ought to look the same way to me and he CAN pour out his wrath forever (exempla gratia hell). Myopia is impossible to overcome, yet it is impossible to not try. Hopelessness is its stead and thus it is mine. Hate is similar to empathy in the way it makes one feel. Hate is selfish and so is empathy, but hate allows you to gratify yourself directly while empathy requires the middle-man and preys on the licentious ego of mankind. Those rarely on the receiving end of empathy have seemingly no choice but to turn to hate. This is where the problem begins. Hates breath of a flame warms the insides equal if not greater at times than love, but it leaves. A cold, barren, wasteland of our core is left on the bones of its knees in ominous skeletal form. Waiting for something more to come along to fill this hole you’ve created. Only one thing can do so, but myopia focuses on the wrong one. And the hotter our desire for hate, the colder it leaves us disappointed

No comments:

Post a Comment