Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A love poem

I want to be the leader that deserves the following of my shadow
To lead you as well.
I want the surface of your heart to be found with my fingerprints
I want to be the rolling stone you can't resist turning into rock
Your rock
I want you to be able to stand on me.
When it feels like your drowning
Breathe and know it’s only my love.
I want to be the sole proprietor of your ring finger,
To be the lighthouse that forms the sparkle of your eye and always guides you home
And we can be piglet and pooh
Because I have no daydreams that don’t include you
And if you live to be a hundred
Let me live only that too
The first time we said hello
I took all the butterflies hurling themselves down the corridor of my stomach
And I put them in a jar of my uhms and mumbling and handed it to you with my head bowed
Because I saw too much in your eyes
And yet you relaxed your lips and smiled at me
And spoke to me
And you’re voice was worth all of my nerves
No one makes them feel like you do.
And that first time when you spoke
I sacrificed myself to hope
Crucified myself on a cross of my dreams hoping to bleed into yours.
The ones in the day
The ones you could act on.
Darling act on me.
And I would bet the reason you always wear a coat,
Is because you wear your heart on your sleeve
And I want to hold you and make it a part of me
And let our hearts beat to the rhythm of one drum
To the tune of my knees when we kiss
And the strings of your eyelashes when you blink
And let it be the drum-line for the greatest song of our time
Let it never play a last song.
You own the whole property of my mind
Consuming even my unconscious so I could see her in my dreams
And stand beside her in the day playing the music of our love.
I give myself up to be next to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment