Sunday, January 15, 2012

Me, God?

His grace comes down But so does his wrath
The latter I ignore
Do I even know the half?
As I sit and I ponder
And I think about my sin
I feel there is no way in hell
He'd let my dirty soul in
But I guess I'm glad He's in Heaven
Cause hell just wouldn't do
I guess my prayers were heard
Somehow He loves me too
He says "enter my gates"
And I stumble away
He says "come, take an eat"
But I starve for the day
The thing about this God is he seems to worthy
The thing about this God is i can't help feeling dirty
But he raises me up
I see his wrath as it pours
Leaving but grace in its cup
He proves He is Lord
But for me I'm confused
Me, who sprints after,
Every temptuous muse
Me who is broken
Me who is poor
Could this actually be
What he paid his life for
This boy who climbs
For every two times he falls
How could I be
Effectually called?
Save a Love ever greater than his Just, Holy Wrath
Save a Love so great, He died on my behalf
Last, and I'll finish, just as He did
Come near to the cross
Let him find you knelt there
Faithfully prostrate
Grace will be there

No comments:

Post a Comment