Monday, April 23, 2012

I want to know the secret of your smile

I want to know the secret of your smile
to know what mystery belies your eyes
to see the eternity of your soul
I want to know what makes you cry

Your taste I know, or think I do
But I do not want to give it up
not for a moment do I want to lose
a second's wasted without loving you

I haven't met you yet, or maybe I have
Yet I am sure you linger
I do not know your face, but I feel you
And I know how you will touch
I know that brown, black, gold or white
your hair will surround me
I know that your smile will speak to mine
The corners of my lips following your lead
I know that I will give myself over
Probably far too soon
But what I know of my nature
Whether I have words or not
Not even forever can stop my loving you

No comments:

Post a Comment