Saturday, June 25, 2011

God's teachings of himself (A Psalm)

O God, my God, I felt forsaken
Abused of time in focused self
That a friend, a brother, now was taken
I longed for a revival to put on shelf

I felt afraid of Union's desire
I longed for a shallow peace
One whose stead, evil not transpired
A mountain top sold for lease

But as i look, reverting back
I feel a closeness warm and sweet
A joy so whelming I couldn't lack
That my Creator, Almighty King, came low to wash my feet

Humbly I resume it is all that I can
To serve a King on High Above sent his only son
What can I do but praise his name, alas with lifted hand
And see at last my Maker's face, gleaming like the sun

I once had feared its immortal peace
And wished to but live my wars
And though I'm shaken, chilled, and sad
I have intimacy with my Lord
Selah

No comments:

Post a Comment