Monday, April 25, 2011

Nameless

You open your eyes, if just to reveal
All of the hate I cannot conceal
You open your mouth if just to unveil
All of the judgment, I cannot avail
You stand their glorious
Me mocking, “victorious”
You stand there now hurt,
Me mocking, too curt
You laugh though this is not in fun
I stand there as proud to everyone
You are far too nice to this jerk of a me
I thank you dear woman for that you still be
You are so special, precious in deed
So beautiful in and out, its beauty you bleed
I am so often too confident of self
If you thought truly, I’m the dust on your shelf
That menace it smothers the fun things you love
Me, a jerk, of ego— above
I ought to thank God each day that I stay
For, so easily, so clearly you should blow me away
You walk through the halls and I swear you do glow
If only you knew all these feelings I know
Your magnificent nature, much different from mine
Helps me, though faltering, to walk a straight line
You are quite special; I may love you in fact
I’d give you this poem if my confidence intact
I long to see you, to say you’re with me
To be no longer two, but rather one tree
I know that this is not what I deserve
It’s just that I long to love you and serve
To go through this life to make you more glad
To dry all your tears, may you never be sad
Perhaps in my prior, ignorant way
I hid from you everything I dream as I lay
In telling you plans, and dreams that I have
I hope that one day we can do both as halves
That we follow each other, and thusly we lead
To destiny, in love, with alacritous speed
Though stopping at pleasure to give a flower a sniff
Hand in hand we could walk my darling, what if
I realize that this may one day be read,
But please don’t let pity augment my stead
I wish for the chance to love and to learn
But choose for yourself, “what do you yearn”
I’ll be just fine I’m just a romantic
If I’m with you right now, look up, I’m frantic
With this do I close this honest tale
Presenting my love as a raven, in gale
I admire you, and enjoy spending my time,
Expressing my feelings, of you through this rhyme
And so here’s my die, cast in the pot
Last but not least, I like you a lot
There’s my two cents probably covered with soot
But finally, now the shoe’s on your foot
Waiting for an answer
Dreaming for hope
Falling to reality
I feel like a dope
Please know that whether a yes or a no
Call on me anytime, the places, we’ll go
You will forever hold a place in my heart
Just know, my dear lady, what a treasure thou art.

No comments:

Post a Comment