Friday, January 14, 2011

The Willow who Billows


There in the yard was my willow, who billowed underneath the stars. Ten years have passed since we placed her in the yard. At her birth she was just an obstacle for my lawn mowing machine not to gropple. Now she stands tall with her children in arms. 10 years old and flaunting her charm. Every wind that winds and breeze that breezes couldn’t break her billowing leaveses. She grew and grew though the sky fought hard to push her leaveses right back in the yard. The winters they came and blanketed her n snow but it melted right off of her brown, rustic glow. Spring, summer, and autumn went, but not a move as she stands there bent. She stands with her children bustling in her arms through many a storm not one were harmed. She plays first base as cleat wearing young’uns trample her roots giving her bunions. Her bark is worn and blackened with tear, but still its fragile garment she wears. Her feet are dug deep, beneath the ground as her million toes creep. Her shade gave protection for many a day from the sun’s one hundred degree double edged blade. A shelter from sun and a fort from flung snow, its protection my age only glimpsed to know. 6 years have passed since I have seen her elegant beauty. Now she stands beside her baby, another younger little cutie. There are new people there in my old home who she must now care. Six years it has taken for me to venture back to there. She’s taller now, her leaves on the ground as a frozen mist of rain is whirling around. I stand and marvel at her Excellency and began to realize this is no ordinary tree. Extraordinary, special, maybe even blessed, ordinary she’s not; not like the rest. This tree was mine, intertwined with my soul, and I would spare an arm and a leg, as long as my precious willow stayed whole. I was her keeper, this was my keep, in pricing her worth, a price couldn’t be too steep. Her branches still billow and her leaves still sway, I will meet my willow again in heaven one day. Her weaknesses, few provided her great as together we may walk right up to the gate. I and my willow, my willow and me, if you learn one thing, this is no ordinary tree! This willow that billows is sacred to me so take your laughter she’ll stand forever by me!

No comments:

Post a Comment